Sunday, February 21, 2016

Politcal Cartoon #5



     This political cartoon is about the panama canal. The cartoonist message is that Roosevelt is the building block of the Panama canal. An opinion I can see people having about this cartoon this that Roosevelt is like pulling along a bunch of boats around in a circle. Another opinion I can see someone having is Roosevelt is leading all the boats out of the Caribbean. 
     A technique I see the cartoonist use is labeling. I chose labeling because literally there are words in the sea like "Caribbean". Another technique I see is exaggeration. I say exaggeration because the cartoonist is exagerating Roosevelt's size and how he is pulling the boats/ships along with him. This cartoon does support my stance on imperialism because Roosevelt did help and create a better place for America. Well as far trading with other countries goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment