Sunday, February 21, 2016

Political Cartoon #8

     This political cartoon is about the Roosevelt Corollary. The cartoonist message about this Teddy Roosevelt guarding/patrolling the western half of the world. An opinion I can see someone form is that Roosevelt sitting on the top of the world mad. Another opinion I can see someone make is that Roosevelt is watching over the world because he is at the top.
    A technique I see this here cartoonist use is Exaggeration. I chose exaggeration because Teddy Roosevelt is literally at the top of the world! Another technique i see this here cartoonist use is irony. I say this because its somewhat ironic how Roosevelt is at the top of the world even though we all know he was like the "policemen" of the western part of the world. This here cartoon does support my stance on American imperialism because the way Roosevelt made the Roosevelt Corollary it help somewhat with Americas growing power for more land.  

No comments:

Post a Comment