Thursday, February 18, 2016

Political Cartoon #2


     The issue this political cartoon is about the annexation of Hawaii. I know this cartoon is about the annexation of Hawaii because at the bottom is says "Uncle Sam in Hawaii".  And we all know Uncle Sam represents America. The cartoonist message about America taking over Hawaii. I know this because Uncle Sam is putting his foot on the land of Hawaii and his pose is like "Oh yeah I own this place now" kind attitude.
     An opinion I can see other people have about this cartoon is that Uncle Sam is bribing the queen with a barrel of sugar. A technique I see the cartoonist using is labeling. I say this because the barrel right next to the queen says "sugar" and also there are the words "SEE-SAW" above the queen and Uncle Sam. This political cartoon does not support my stance of imperialism. I say this cartoon is ineffective because I feel like this really isn't giving that much detail for a pro-imperialist.

No comments:

Post a Comment