Sunday, February 21, 2016

Political Cartoon #6


     This political cartoon is about the Open Door Policy with China. The cartoonist message about this cartoon is about once China opened their doors for trade with everyone (except monopoly's) that America wanted to trade, share influence, and ways of life with China. An opinion I can see that someone can have is that America is going to China and like take over because Uncle Sam is carrying a lot of items with him. Another opinion I can see someone having is that America is going over to China and to somewhat take over. 
     A technique I saw the cartoonist use was labeling. I say labeling because the land Uncle Sam is stepping over is names "Philippines". Also any of the signs on China's land. Another technique I saw that persuaded me was the exaggeration. O chose exaggeration because one does not simply trample over one country to get to another. The joke here is that America didn't literally step on Philippines to get to china. No, they used boats and ships :) . This cartoon does support my stance on  American imperialism because this is somewhat the truth. America did do this in the past and I accept it because its true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment